Ktm-Nepalgunj-Dunai-Sulighat-Phoksumdo Bhanjyang-Namduna Gaon-Tarakot- Jhuphal-Nepalgunj-Kathmandu
Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Oct, Nov
The Upper Dolpo Trek adventure journey into the isolated cultural destination on the far north western area of Nepal, in complete wilderness vistas of array of white peaks in the hidden valley under the crystal clear blue sky. Dolpo Trekking region is located in the midway between the Dhaulagiri Himalayan range and Tibetan plateau is one of the biggest occupied lands in Dolpo.
Geologically a southern expansion of Tibet which located within the border of Nepal. Since 1984 it has been Nepal’s biggest and largest Conservation and National park. Dolpo region visit provides encounter of wild animals like Musk deer, Snow Leopard, Himalayan Blue Sheep where Tibetan Language spoken people spend their traditional and cultural life. The tough high land of Dolpo is traders, trading barley for Tibetan salt rock and during the summer they bring their yaks into less developed and most isolated region of Nepal. We start our wonderful journey from Jhupal village, visiting pretty landscapes, traditional people, villages, valleys dissimilar pine trees, Oaks and Rhododendron forests and the rail crosses massive mountain ranges to over Numala Pass on the elevation of 5,400 meters.In Dolpo Trek until we arrive Ringmo village where the Phoksundo Lake located we travel around Phoksundo National park.
We take two days rest here to enjoy natural beauty with deep water of Phoksundo Lake along with surrounded white Himalayan peaks with time to travel around nearby remote town of Ringmo and its monastery. Following the ancient trans Himalayan route the journey goes on to the fascinating country of crystal Himalayan at Shey Gomba to Jhuphal for the flight back to Nepaljunj city where from regulat buses or flights available to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu. 1,300m and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: In Kathmandu for sightseeing tour
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj & transfer to Hotel.
Day 04: Fly from Nepalgunj to Jhuphal (Dolpo) 2,320m. Trek to Dunai 2,850m. 2-3 hrs walks.
Day 05: Trek to Ankhe 2,896m. 5-6 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Sulighat. 3,500m. 5-6 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Phoksumdo Lake. 3,500m. 4-5 hours.
Day 08: Rest Day at Phoksumdo Lake.
Day 09: Trek to Phuksumdo Khola. 4-5 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Phoksumdo Bhanjyang. 6-7 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Shey Gompa 4,500m via Kang-La 5,360m. 5-6 hrs.
Day 12: Rest day at Shey Gompa the Crystal Monastery.
Day 13: Trek to Namduna Gaon 4,800m via Saldang La 5,200m.
Day 14: Trek to Saldang. 3,620m. 4-5 hours.
Day 15: Trek to Yangze Gompa. approx. 4,960m. 4-5 hrs.
Day 16: Trek to Sibu. approx. 4,560m. 6-7 hrs.
Day 17: Trek to Jeng-la Phedi 4,900m. 5-6 hrs.
Day 18: Trek to Tokyu Gaon 4,200m via Jeng la 5,090m. 5-6 hrs.
Day 19: Trek to Dho Tarap. 4,040m. 4-5 hrs.
Day 20: Rest Day at Dho Tarap.
Day 21: Trek to Tarap Khola.( Kamakharka) 3,800m. 6-7 hrs.
Day 22: Trek to Kharigaon. approx.3,150m. 5 hours.
Day 23: Trek to Tarakot. 2,850m. 5 hrs.
Day 24: Trek to Dunai. 2,850m. 16 kms. 6 hrs.
Day 25: Trek to Jhuphal.approx. 2-3 hrs.
Day 26: Fly Jhuphal-Nepalgunj-Kathmandu.
Day 27: In Kathmandu.
Day 28: Transfer to Airport for the International departure.
- Trekking Area permits and fees,
- Trekking Map
- Camping Equipments,
- Full Board Plan (breakfast, lunch, dinner, accommodation, tea or coffee) during trek,
- Join Nepali Cultural Program with dinner,
- Hotel in Kathmandu as your requirements,.
- An experienced licensed holder Guide and required porters
- Food, drinks, salary, insurance, equipment, transportation, accommodation, and local tax for guide and porters,
- Transportation by bus, car or by flight,
- Medical kit box
- TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management Systems)
- Trekking Equipments
- All government tax
- All guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu and entry fees
- All necessary transportation while sightseeing
- Airport pick up and drop with an escort
What's not included?
- All meals in Kathmandu except farewell dinner and breakfast.
- Hard and soft table drinks such as coke, fanta, mineral water, beer.
- Personal Travel insurance.
- Rescue operation.
- International airfare and tax.
- Nepal tourist visa fee
- Tips for guide and porter.( They highly expect but not compulsory).